Editor’s Note: This post originally appeared on the blog of Kevin Lynch
When restoring your device through iTunes you will want to follow these easy steps.
1) You will want to connect your device to the computer you have synced your device with prior to, and open iTunes.
2) Since iTunes recognizes your already connected device it will not require a passcode, but if it does then you will have to use the Recovery mode
3) After the sync is complete, you will want to restore your device, which is under the summary of your device.
Restoring your device through Recovery Mode
If you have never synced your device with a computer or cloud then this is your last option, Recovery Mode. This mode is reached through 4 simple steps also…
1) First off, connect your device to any computer and open iTunes.
2) While waiting for your device to connect, you have to force restart it, or hold the power and home button for 15 seconds until the apple symbol comes on, but you will not want to stop when you see the apple button. Keep holding onto the force restart until you reach a page that looks like this.
4) Wait for this restoration to be done and then you will be ready to use your device again!