The Google for Education team recently announced five new updates in Classroom that are specific to grading making the tool even easier to use. The recent updates allow teachers to do the following:
- Sort students on the grading page by status (done or not done) by first name, or by last name. Sorting by last name will allow you to easily copy and paste grades from Classroom into your grading software. No more double manual entry!
- Easily and quickly update the point value of assignments
- Add a private a comment to students when return work
- Easy keyboard navigation for entering grades
- Export grades to Google Sheets and view both a class average and a student average
The four minute screencast below walks you through each of these new features.
It’s not too late to start with Classroom!
If you haven’t tried Google Classroom yet, the start of the second semester would be the perfect time to do so. It is by far, the EASIEST, MOST INTUITIVE, MOST EFFECTIVE, digital workflow solution available. It integrates seamlessly with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and a whole host of iPad apps. It will save you tremendous amounts of time and help reduce the amount of paper you distribute and collect in your classroom. This allows you more time for instruction and ultimately you can cover more curriculum.