As of July 1, graduating seniors from Burlington High School will no longer have access to their school Google accounts. We highly recommend students use Google Takeout to create an archive of their data in Drive, Gmail, etc.
Google Takeout allows students to select specific Google products and download that data onto a home desktop computer or laptop. Once the data is downloaded, it can be uploaded to a personal Google account, another cloud-based service such as Dropbox, or saved to a computer’s hard drive. Using Google Takeout is simple and the tutorial embedded below walks you through the process step by step. Remember to create an archive of your data with Google Takeout from your home computer and visit the Help Desk if you need further assistance.
To use Google Takeout:
- Go to www.takeout.google.com
- In the Personal Info and Privacy section, click on “Account overview.”
- In this section, scroll to the area that says, “Control your content” and click on the blue “create archive” button located under the section that says “Download your data.”
- On the next screen, hit “select none” to deselect all of the Google products listed. Now you can check off only those Google products you wish to create an archive of.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Next.”
- Next you will click the blue “Create archive” button. Leave the file type as a .zip and leave the delivery method as “Send download link via email”
- On the next screen, you will get a notification stating your archive is being prepared.
- Once the archive is completed, you will receive an email notification that will contain a link for you to download.
Please visit me in the Help Desk if you have any questions regarding Google Takeout!